Transfeminine top surgery is a cosmetic procedure that provides a feminine appearance by increasing the contour and size of the breasts.
Numerous methods are utilized to conduct this surgical technique to ensure patients receive their desired results.The following are criteria that have used to help determine the right technique for each patient:
- The kind of implant utilized during the surgery
- The location of the surgical site
- Their desired breast size
Am I a Suitable Candidate for Transfeminine Top Surgery?
Transfeminine top surgery is a very personalized procedure. It should only be done for yourself and not for the sake of pleasing others’ desires or conforming to any image of perfection.
If you are interested in transfeminine top surgery, you should consider the following in order to be a candidate:
- You are not suffering with uncontrolled medical conditions.
- You have reasonable expectations and are optimistic about the results.
- You have reached the legal age of consent.
- You have been living as a female for quite a while.
- You’ve seen a mental health therapist who referred you.
How Much Does the Procedure Cost?
The cost of transfeminine top surgery will vary depending on the surgeon’s experience and geographic location.
Make sure to inquire whether your cosmetic surgeon provides patient financing for this procedure.
The following expenses may be incurred as a result of transfeminine top surgery:
- Health examinations and x-rays
- Hospital gowns, socks, or other garments
- Prescribed medications
- Fees for anesthesia
- Costs of surgical facility
- Fees for your cosmetic surgeon
When selecting a board-certified cosmetic surgeon for top surgery, keep in mind that the expertise of the surgeon and your comfort level should be a top priority.
Transfeminine top surgery may possibly be covered by your health insurance, in some cases, especially if it is considered a reconstructive procedure. Nevertheless, only a portion of the total cost may be covered.
What Should I Expect During the Initial Consultation?
Prepare to discuss the following topics during your consultation:
- Prior procedures
- Your goals and expectations
- Allergies to medications
- Medical conditions
- Your transitioning journey
- Vitamins and other supplements
- Drug, alcohol, and tobacco usage
Your cosmetic surgeon will also talk about:
- Potential complications and side effects
- Take pictures
- Physical exam of your breasts
- Treatment options
Are There Any Risks or Complications Involved?
The final choice to undergo transfeminine top surgery is a highly personal one. You must decide whether the benefits will meet your objectives and whether you can handle any potential complications.
Numerous people view this technique as a vital step toward completing their transgender transformations.
Your cosmetic surgeon will thoroughly explain the risks of transfeminine top surgery before requiring you to sign a consent form. Transfeminine top surgery risks or complications include infection, bleeding, inadequate healing of incision site, blood clot, absence of nipple sensation, and much more.
How To Get Ready For Transfeminine Top Surgery
The surgeon may advise you the following:
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid Aspirin and other medications that that cause excessive bleeding
- Submit a reference letter from your mental health professional
- Obtain laboratory testing or a health evaluation
Transfeminine top surgery is typically performed under general anesthesia in a surgical facility. You may require additional procedures to achieve the desired results.
Your cosmetic surgeon and your preferences will determine the number of procedures.
If your mental health therapist refers you, transfeminine top surgery may be a good option for you, if you are planning to change your gender.
Generally, it is a safe procedure. However, as with any surgical procedure, there are risks or complications that can occur, though this is a rare occurrence. To learn more about transfeminine top surgery, speak with your cosmetic surgeon.