You just had a micro-needling treatment and are eager to see the results. But what exactly should you expect in the days and weeks following your appointment? Micro-needling helps to restore aging skin by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
This post will outline the typical micro-needling recovery timeline so you know what to expect. Remember that everyone’s results will vary, but this should give you a good idea of what to expect.
What Is Micro-Needling?
Micro-needling is a minimally invasive procedure that uses tiny needles to create controlled skin injuries. These micro-injuries trigger the body’s natural healing response, which produces new collagen and elastin.
The recovery timeline for micro-needling can vary depending on the individual but typically ranges from 1-7 days. During this time, it’s essential to avoid sun exposure and moisten the treated area.
Micro-needling Recovery Factors
A few variables influence the length of the recovery period. Several factors include the depth of treatment, the number of passes used, the devices used, how your skin responds to the operation, the effect, and the micro-needling recovery time.
The Vivace experience micro-needling devices have the best experience. But you can do a few things to help speed up your micro-needling recovery process. You can try this out!
- Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water. Hydrated skin heals faster than dry skin.
- Avoid sun exposure. Sun can seriously delay your skin’s healing process.
- Use a good-quality moisturizer. A moisturizer that contains peptides or antioxidants will help to promote healing and reduce the appearance of scars.
- Don’t wear makeup for at least 24 hours after your treatment. It will allow your skin to breathe and heal properly.
What Is the Micro-Needling Recovery Timeline?
So, you’ve just had a micro-needling treatment? Congratulations! You’re on your way to healthier, more youthful-looking skin.
But what can you expect in the days and weeks following your treatment? Here’s a look at the micro-needling recovery timeline:
- Immediately After Treatment: You may experience mild redness and swelling, which should dissipate within a few hours.
- 24-48 Hours After Treatment: You may notice additional swelling and bruising. It is normal and will resolve within a few days.
- 3-5 Days After Treatment: Most of your recovery will occur now. You may still have some swelling and bruising, as well as redness. Your skin may also feel tight and dry.
- 1-2 Weeks After Treatment: Most of the swelling and bruising should have been resolved. You may still have some redness, which should fade over time. Your skin may feel tight and dry, so continue using your recommended skin care products.
How Long Does It Take for Micro-Needling Results to Show?
Most people start seeing results after the first treatment, but the full results will take a few sessions. Depending on how your skin responds and what areas you treat, you may need between 3 and 6 treatments for optimal results.
Are There Any Risks Associated With Micro-Needling?
Yes, there are risks associated with micro-needling. The main one is that the needles can cause skin damage if they’re not used correctly. It is why it’s essential always to use a quality derma roller and to follow the instructions closely.
In addition, there is a small risk of infection if the needles aren’t sterilized properly. To minimize this risk, it’s essential to use a fresh needle for each treatment and to clean the derma roller thoroughly after each use.
How Can I Make the Micro-Needling Recovery Process Go Smoother?
Now that you know what to expect during the micro-needling recovery process, it’s time to learn how to make it as smooth as possible. Here are a few tips:
- First, make sure to use a high-quality post-treatment serum. This will help speed up the healing process and reduce the likelihood of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Second, be sure to avoid sun exposure. Micro-needling can make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so it’s essential to protect yourself with sunscreen whenever you go outside.
- Finally, give your skin plenty of time to heal. Avoid unnecessary irritation and allow your skin to recover at its own pace. Trust me; the results are worth the wait!
What Must You Avoid Performing After Micro-Needling?
- Take no anti-inflammatory drugs for a week following the surgery.
- Avoid applying ice to your face, and stay away from arnica/bromelain.
- Stay away from tanning beds and extend sun exposure for at least two weeks.
- If you feel any ache, take a pain reliever like Tylenol.
How Soon After Micro Needling Does the Skin Begin to Calm Down?
The most frequent adverse effect of micro-needling is redness; however, it usually goes away 24 to 48 hours after your session. Mild redness in some patients can persist for up to four days.
How Can I Hasten the Recovery from Micro-needling?
Proteins from your blood are extracted and re-injected into your skin during a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment to hasten collagen synthesis. PRP is strongly advised in addition to your micro-needling visit because it can reduce recovery time and enhance anti-aging effects.
Why Does Micro-Needling Make My Pores Appear Larger?
Because of the damage done by the needles during micro-needling, the skin temporarily looks rough, and the pores appear more prominent. The skin seems plumped up and tightened as a natural wound healing reaction is triggered, which creates new collagen, and the enlarged pore shrinks.