In order to assist a woman in regaining her pre-pregnancy form, a personalized mix of cosmetic operations, such as liposuction as well as a tummy tuck, is known as a mommy makeover. Due to the fact that pregnancy, breastfeeding, and/or severe weight loss tend to have the most impact on these areas of the body, the abdomen and breasts are often the focus of treatment. However, some women also choose to simultaneously treat other parts of their bodies that underwent alterations, like their arms, legs, and faces.
Due to the number of operations performed during a mommy makeover procedure, it is vital that you take dietary supplements and eat healthy to speed up the recovery process. Continue to read to learn more about a mommy makeover and the supplements that you can take to help speed up healing.
What Procedures Come With a Mommy Makeover?
While the particular treatments chosen for your mommy makeover will be tailored to your aesthetic requirements and preferences, the following combinations of abdominal contouring and breast augmentation procedures are usually carried out:
- Tummy Tuck – This procedure can be used to eliminate loose, extra skin, tighten residual tissues, and repair stretched or damaged abdominal muscles for a leaner, more toned shape.
- Liposuction – By using liposuction to remove fat from certain areas of the stomach that are resistant to diet and exercise, one can get a leaner shape.
- Breast Lift – This cosmetic procedure can be done when breast drooping is a concern to remove superfluous skin, raise and tighten the leftover tissue, and reestablish an ideal breast shape.
- Breast Lift with Enhancement – Should breast drooping be accompanied with volume loss, coupling a breast lift with breast augmentation can restore (or even increase) your pre-pregnancy breast size while lifting the breasts to a more youthful location.
- Breast Reduction – A breast reduction can be used to remove superfluous tissue, get rid of additional skin, and contour and elevate the remaining tissue to give the breasts an ideal appearance when an unwelcome increase in volume persists following pregnancy and/or lactation.
In addition to these possibilities, some patients decide to incorporate arm lift, thigh lift, and/or various facial plastic surgery operations into their mommy makeover plan to obtain an even more thorough improvement.
Dietary Supplements Following a Mommy Makeover
In order for the body to mend and recover, protein is crucial. Both animal and plant proteins contain amino acids, which aid in healing, boost the immune system, and maintain important organs. In order to mend injured cells, new cells must be created during the healing process, which calls for proteins. Be sure to include protein in your diet while you heal once our office has given you the all-clear to eat. Soy milk products, yogurt, and lean poultry are excellent choices that you may eat after surgery and still feel great.
Mommy Makeover Vitamins
It is fairly typical for critical nutrients to be lost during surgical procedures. This is why using mommy makeover vitamins will play a crucial role in your recovery. Prior to your surgery, your cosmetic surgeon will assist you in planning your vitamin regimen. These vitamins include:
- Arnika Forte is a dietary supplement that combines grape seed extract, bromeliad, and arnica montana. By accelerating the healing process, soft tissue injuries’ bruising, swelling, and discomfort can be treated more quickly.
- Arnica Montana – Excellent as a cream, gel, or ointment. Arnica is thought to improve blood circulation around injured tissue, causing escaping fluids to be reabsorbed into the body. By releasing pressure on the nerve terminals, this absorption speeds up the healing of the black and blue scars and lowers swelling.
- Vitamin A – Vital for healthy skin, your immune system, and the healing of wounds! Carrots, Lettuce, sweet potatoes, dried apricots, and some tropical fruits all contain vitamin A.
- Vitamin C- Crucial for a healthy recovery following a mommy makeover. You will find vitamin C in a variety of citrus fruits, spinach, broccoli, and kale.
- Bromelain – An enzyme with anti-inflammatory properties that can be found in pineapple juice. It is most frequently used following sports – related injuries and to reduce edema following surgery. In clinical trials, bromelain-based forms for pain relief outperformed NSAID medications. Bromelain-based products added to your diet considerably enhance healing.
Additional Diet Tips After a Mommy Makeover
Drink Plenty of Water
A common mommy makeover operation is a tummy tuck. This procedure often makes a lot of people feel so queasy that they avoid drinking water. Dehydration may result from this, which may prolong the recovery process and necessitate a hospital stay.
After undergoing a mommy makeover, you should drink plenty of water. You can maintain your strength if you stay hydrated.
Eat Plenty of Protein
Your tissues need to be repaired after a mommy makeover, especially the areas where the surgeon’s knife has touched skin. Protein is necessary for the damaged tissue to rebuild itself.
Lean meats including red meat, chicken, eggs, and fish are excellent sources of protein. Dairy products and plant proteins from things like beans are also beneficial.
Zinc can be found in a variety of meat, nut, and grain products. Enjoy these wholesome, delicious foods to the fullest. An essential ingredient required for the production of new cells is zinc. Your skin, muscles, and other tissues all require new cells to repair and rejuvenate.